Saturday 19 June 2010

fabric stashing


I thought I'd share some of the fabric that has mysteriously (I wonder how that happened?) appeared through the letterbox recently.


First up was a lovely parcel from Seamstar Inside was a couple of fat quarters of Riley Blake Designs fabric from the Rainy Days Collection. Also included were some free ribbon as part of a special offer and a handy ref/ruler card with lots of helpful info like conversions for cm to inches and how to work out how much bias binding you'll get out of the fabric you have, ribbons sizes and more.

On the left is Raindrop Stripe and
on the right is Raindrop Square



I'm planning on using these to make this Camera Case Wristlet from a pattern by Keyka Lou Patterns, check out her blog where she highlights lots of lovely fabrics and also has a wealth of sewing tips.




I was ordering some new machine needles from The Cotton Patch and this kind of fell into the basket too.... It's from Amy Butler's Love Collection and it's called Memento.




I absolutely love this pattern  (my photo doesn't do it justice) but in all honesty I really don't know what to make from it. This is just a 1/4 metre just to see what it was like in real life so I'd need to order more to make anything to show it off at it's best.

The motif is quite large and I'm not sure someone of my small stature could carry it off very well. I don't have to make something to wear I suppose but I really want to. Any ideas?




No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...