Tuesday 11 January 2011

Hope Valley Needle Roll

Over the last couple of years my Mum has been knitting me something for my Christmas. I no longer knit due to stupid sore hands so I love that she can rustle me up something gorgeous, infact I’d be too lazy to knit now, sewing is so much quicker, well for me it is.

So what’s the ideal present for a knitter........ a needle roll of course!



I knew she wanted one so I thought, brilliant one present sorted. I’ve not made one before and with time running out fast I picked a tutorial from this handy list of free needle roll patterns.



As soon as I realised the pattern called for 5 fat quarters I zoomed over to Sew Me Happy to buy the Denyse Schmidt Hope Valley Bundle. It is lovely stuff and I’ve been looking for an excuse to buy some for ages. This fabric has a lovely feel to it and of course the designs and colours are fantastic. I highly recommend this tutorial, the sewing went smoothly (didn’t need the seam ripper at all, for once) and I'm very pleased with the end result. I’m very glad to say that Mum loves it, phew!



Have you seen the new line form Denyse Schmidt Greenfield Hill? I like some of the more abstract/graphic prints especially in the blueberry colourway, but I’m not big on overly flowery things. I’m not totally sold compared to Hope Valley but this will more than likely change when I see some things made from it.

I’m still longing to get my hands on some Katie Jump Rope or of course the really hard to get Flea Market Fancy, boy are they nice collections. Oh and I really really love Heather Ross Mendocino, those mermaids are lovely.

Do you have a fabric you wish you’d bought or do you have a particular new fabric collection on your hit list?

Bye for now

Nikki

6 comments:

LBB said...

This is such a great gift. I'm going to have to remember this one. Yours turned out so nice!

Kim @ craftyNHmom said...

Your choice of fabric is beautiful. She's going to love it!!

Anonymous said...

Lovely lovely! And I love your choice of fabrics - my favourite.

veryberryhandmade said...

Lovely lovely! And I love your choice of fabrics - my favourite.

Kim @ craftyNHmom said...

Your choice of fabric is beautiful. She's going to love it!!

Hannah L Smith said...

Oh dear! I really want something just like this! :o you should make a shop! 

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...