Anyway I joined in with Rebecca Lynne's Frame Pouch Along and had great intentions of posting every day while I made my purse but it kind of didn't happen. The purse did happen however and it's come out way better than I was expecting. I have seen loads of these cute frame purses online and my frame has been in the stash for ages but the gluing bit just scared me off. It turns out it's really not that bad at all, infact it's much easier than I imagined.
The Frame Pouch Along shows you how to design your pattern pieces to fit your frame which is fantastic as there are so many frame shape and sizes it would be a real pain to have to find a pattern for each one. Here's my pattern and cut out fabric pieces, I used some fusible fleece to interface this and it works well. Although next time I would trim the fleece so there was less left at the hinges as it is a wee bit bulky.
I decided to quilt the fabric as something about it just didn't seem right with it. I definitely prefer it with the stitching on it. I made the squared off corners at the base of the purse about 1.5" in from the corner and that gives a nice wide base (was going to say fat bottom, not sure wide base is any better but I tried).
There's a flickr group for those that took part in the PAL if you want some inspiration. I am most definitely going to be making more of these and I highly recommend Rebecca Lynne's tutorial. Next in line will be the lovely little frame that Emma at It's All About the Fabric gave me as part of Very Berry Handmade the fabric swap earlier this year.
Oh dear it's past midnight again, must go to bed see you soon.