Wednesday 26 May 2010

Quilting

I love looking at all the fantastic modern quilts out there in blogland. I keep meaning to have a go but never quite get round to it but when the good folks in the UK Quilters group on Ravelry suggested a jelly roll quilt along I thought I'd join in. Now it was supposed to start at the beginning of May but with one thing and another (including a few issues with my sewing machine) I've only started this week. Really I'd have liked to make the Paintbox Quilt by Oh, Fransson! but I can't justify the amount of spending it would require to go for this one at the moment so I'm doing a coin quilt instead. I got a great deal on a lovely Arcadia Moda Jelly Roll  from Cross Patch and I already have some coordinating fabric for the sashing, backing etc.




So I've managed so far to sew 8 sets of 5 strips together which will then but cut down into 8" strips and then stacked on top of each other to make vertical rows of fabric.




This is a lovely example of a coin quilt from Sew She Sews which I found on flickr where you'll find lots of gorgeous quilts.


Anyway it's getting late so that's it for now but look out for posts about the progress of my quilt and also about a nice new quilting book which arrived today.

1 comment:

Bettina said...

saw your pictures on Ravelry and just wanted to say how beautiful the fabric combinations look! Can't wait to see the finished quilt.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...