Saturday 15 May 2010

My first top is finished.

I'm feeling pretty pleased as I've managed to make a top for myself.... and I like it....... and it fits! 

I've had the pattern New Look 6179 for a while now but I found some lovely fabric on ebay a few weeks ago and thought it would be perfect for it.  I even made a muslin/toile whatever you want to call it basically a trial run. I'm glad I did as I had to shorten the pattern at the waist to get it  to fit correctly. I'll probably need to adjust most patterns to allow for the fact that I'm only 5'1". 

Anyway here is the fabric from Favourite Fabrics


And finally my new top.


 This is made from view C and I'm planning on making more like this and maybe the long sleeve version B but without the lace. I've got my eye on some anna maria horner voile for my next attempt.

1 comment:

Debby said...

Love the colours on you Nikki - very you. Glad to see you are finding "me" time.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...