Wednesday 25 April 2012

children at play quilt

children at play



Remember this bundle of Children at Play by Sarah Jane it's been waiting for a while to be made into a Juice Boxes Quilt, pattern by Allison at Cluck Cluck Sew.


cap-fabrics-cut


Well finally it's arrived at the top of my to-do-list. Better late than never as it needs to be finished before this weekend for my youngest's 5th birthday.


cap-ticker-tape


So I've had my head down and it's be cut, cut, cut. sew, sew, sew, interspersed with a few "Oh no you idiot why did you cut it that way....."? insert your own choice phrase there. Yes cutting out even the simplest of pieces is probably best not done at quarter to midnight, not if you want it to be the correct orientation and size.


cap-close-up


Not to worry Frumble and Eclectic Maker to the rescue and I was back up and running. The pattern is very easy and I am still very in love with this fabric collection.


cap-detail-1


Happily on Sunday Hubbie took the kids out and I got the quilt top finished. I am really running close to the wire (nothing new there) and J asks me every day if his quilt is ready yet. The backing fabric and wadding arrived today so guess what I'll be doing tonight.


cap-quilt-top


Another small tip - If when buying backing fabric you think "wow that's a good deal for 2 metres of fabric", you'll probably find when you open the parcel that arrives that it was in fact 2 half metres of fabric you bought - duh! Honestly I marvel at my ineptitude sometimes.

Linking up to WIP Wednesday for the first time in aaaages.

Anyway bye for now, must get back to the sewing machine.

post signature


9 comments:

Unknown said...

You always have the most beautiful pictures Nikki, with the most fantastic light! I don't know how you manage to get them in dreary old england!

Canadian Abroad said...

Sounds like you sew just the same way I do - slapping myself repeatedly up side the head when I realise the stupid mistakes I make. But you are creating a beautiful quilt which will be loved. You may want to point out to J that some mummy's take five years to make quilts for their children and maybe he will realise how lucky he is!! ;-)

Toni said...

Oh, that is going to be a fab quilt, Nikki! And I agree with Laura, your pictures are always the best! Can't wait to see this one done!

needle and nest said...

I loooove this quilt! Children at Play is one of my favorite lines right now. I can't wait to see it all finished!

Indianna said...

It's looking good and I'm sure you will have it finished soon - then the nagging will stop....until the next thing they want! Also guess that it is that Scottish light makes the pics look good....or is it skill and Picmonkey?

Katy Cameron said...

Lol, sew woman, sew!!!

Lucy | Charm About You said...

hahaha, doh!! Oh well it's utterly beautiful and I'm sure he'll just love it :)
and I agree with Indianna the pictures are beautiful!

Catherine Rogan said...

Hi, I was sent the Liebster blog award earlier this week, and I would like to pass it on to you! There are details at my blog at http://beautyinthelonely.blogspot.co.uk/
Your work is really cute and I love reading about it!

All the best,

Cathy xxx

Crafted by Carly said...

These fabrics are so gorgeous - the colours are stunning! It's going to be such an amazing quilt!!!
Now I'm off to see if I can find a place to buy this fabric from in Germany.....
Carly
x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...