I'm sure you've seen the fabulous giveaway that Ali at Verry Berry Handmade is hosting with an incredible line up of prizes from 11 generous fabric shops. Not surprisingly there's already over 400 responses, the prizes really are stunning but also the idea behind the giveaway is perfect for this time of year. You can enter by leaving a comment or by blogging about what you resolve to sew in 2012.
This is the prize I'd go for if I was lucky enough to win, talk about a tough choice but the £40 voucher from Fancy Moon came out tops for me in the end.
So here goes! I'm going to restrict my list as my natural inclination is to take on far too much. I then get totally confuddled and whizz around in circles with too many projects for any non-super human sewer to complete.
- Make Jamie's Children at Play Juice Box quilt - this is carried forward from last year
- Make Callum's improve quilt - again carried forward from last year
- Join a QAL - already in progress with Katy's Swoon-along
- Join a swap - also in progress with the Mouthy Stitches Zipper Pouch Swap
- Complete my PIFs - very embarrassed to say this is also carried forward from last year, sorry girls didn't mean to be this rubbish.
- Try paper piecing - I have paper piecing board on Pinterest that I'm pinning ideas and tutorials on so if you have any more for me please let me know.
- Make more things for my shop - need to work out a system of keeping the shop stocked, dealing with custom orders and also getting my own sewing done - think this will have to involve cloning or time travel so will need a lot of work :)
- Join a sewing group - yay I can tick that one too as I'm very excited about going to the first meeting of the West Central Scotland Modern Quilting Guild set up by Katy from The Littlest Thistle.
So there we go that's the sewing resolutions for this year but there's one more thing that'll help all of those. That would be to spend less time aimlessly trawling the internet and more time actually sewing and blogging. Obviously reading blogs, researching fabric and pinning on pinterest are not aimlessly wandering so are still allowed. I've been spending rather a lot of time on Twitter recently too but I reckon that's ok as it's only tiny messages, oh dear I'm making excuses already aaargh!. I'll really have to be strict with myself on this one, in fact it'll be the trickiest resolution of them all.
Bye for now, happy sewing