Sunday 21 November 2010

do you use sewing forums?

ravelry 

Anyone who knows me will confirm that I spend a ridiculous amount of time wandering the internet, I've tried to wean myself off it but no success so far. I used to spend a great deal of time on Ravelry the fantastic forum/community for knitters and fibre crafts people. If you're even vaguely interested in knitting or crochet or spinning, weaving etc and you've not joined Ravelry, then get yourself over there and join. There are thousands (actually they've just reached their millionth member) of people on there sharing their knowledge, ideas and their projects. You can search for patterns, yarns, designers and for threads about pattern issues or
techniques.

mysewingcircle

However since I'm not knitting that much and have sold all my spinning stuff due to the tennis elbow demon, I'm not on ravelry so much so what to do? Well there's a couple of fairly new sewing forums to look at. First up is mysewingcircle.com I found out about this one through Ravelry and it's looking pretty promising. It has a lovely clean layout and it has groups to join just like Ravelry and you add your projects with pictures and can search for patterns too. The owners are developing it all the time and seem to be very open to suggestions on features that members would like to see. My user name on there is sewquine (no surpise there) and although I've not been hugely active on the forums so far I'm planning on popping in there more often in the future.


talkaboutfabric 

Another forum I've just found is Talk About Fabric which is run by Adrianne of  Little Bluebell It's for quilters which I hope to be at some point, to talk about all the gorgeous fabrics out there. Also if you add their button to your blog you get 3 free automatic entries to Little Bluebell giveaways for ever.

Talking of giveaways Sarah of Pings and Needles is having a giveaway of some very neat fabric scraps from a rather fab retro style fabric from Melody Miller's Ruby Star Rising Collection. I first saw this fabric on talk about fabric and instantly fell in love. So nip over to Pings and Needles and throw your hat into the ring for these gorgeous wee scarps. Must remember to go and enter myself.

Anyway I think I hear a small child so I'd better go, bye for now.

Nikki

2 comments:

Kim @ craftyNHmom said...

Thanks for posting the links. I didn't know about my sewing circle. I'll have to check it out!!

Nikki said...

Yeah I wouldn't have known about it either if it weren't for the sewing group on ravelry. Feel free to add me as a friend if you join up :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...